PreSonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt™ 3 Audio Interface Online on westasound
- 26×26 Thunderbolt 3 ultra-low-latency audio interface
- <1 ms roundtrip latency*; record direct to DAW with your favorite plug-ins engaged
- 24-Bit/192kHz Operation with high-quality 115 dB A/D/A converters
- Studio One Artist and Studio Magic plug-in bundle included
- Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs / 26 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 8 pristine XMAX preamps
- 2 Instrument Inputs
- 8 balanced line inputs
- Dual headphone outputs with independent level control
- Balanced stereo main outputs with independent level control
- 8 DC Coupled balanced line outputs
- 2 preamp direct outputs with returns to insert outboard gear
- Main Output Level Control
- Balanced Stereo Main Output (TRS)
- Eight Balanced Line Outputs (TRS (outs 1 & 2 share a DAC with the main output))
- Two Preamp Outputs (channels 1 & 2)
- Two Line Returns (channels 1 & 2)
- ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16×16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8×8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and recallable preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum audio interface operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our recallable XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
Impressive speed combined with stunning sound quality means that the Quantum Thunderbolt audio interface is an ideal recording solution for any size of studio. With that in mind, we designed Quantum-series interfaces to be stacked with one another for up to 192 inputs and outputs. Need more mic preamps? Connect the PreSonus DigiMax DP88 to your Quantum interface’s ADAT/dual S/MUX ports. Once synced, the DigiMax DP88 preamps can be remote controlled via Studio One or UC Surface, just like the onboard preamps.
The Quantum driver utilizes the bus master Direct Memory Access (DMA) to transfer audio data directly to and from the main memory without using CPU processing and the overhead that would come with it. DMA supports 64-bit addressing on systems with 4 GB or more of RAM. A companion DMA engine was also implemented in the Quantum hardware to read digital audio data directly between the ADC/DAC and the computer memory, one sample at a time.
For maximum efficiency, samples are transferred from the Quantum DMA engine directly into driver memory as a 32-bit word to match the way the Quantum driver handles the audio. Where possible, audio samples are also transferred into driver memory in the exact order that the driver expects. This helps to avoid alignment problems and the like, allowing you to run your Quantum drivers at extremely low buffer settings without overtaxing your CPU.
The Quantum leap.
Industry-leading speed and pristine audio quality, combined with jaw-dropping expandability, are the hallmarks of the Quantum interface design. Record and monitor from your favorite DAW with any plug-in engaged. Take advantage of onboard mix features like Mute, Dim, Mono, and integrated Talkback. Regardless of your studio’s size, Quantum audio interfaces streamline your recording process—you’ll make better music, faster.westasound.com